Wednesday, November 26, 2008

trust and friendship

People are really made different from each other. They act differently. They perceive differently. They have different styles, opinions and personalities. They also have different ways on how they look at other people and that makes each person unique.

Meanwhile, I am so happy to know that a friend of mine trusted me so much by sharing her greatest sentiments. We were close friends but we are not used to sharing things that are very sensitive and personal. However, she revealed everything to me lately.

I had mixed emotions about her story. I pitied her but at the same time I felt compassionate about her. I understood her feelings so much for I had the same experience before. What I did to uplift her is to give her lots of encouragement and pieces of advise, based on my experiences.

Actually, this is not a story about her, for I respect her privacy. It's about me, being happy that people see me as a very trustworthy person... something I should be proud about yet something for me to take care of. Indeed, that is one of the strengths I have. I value friendship, that's why I value trust by, at least, keeping sensitive things private.

On the contrary, there are also people who really cannot trust me in anyway I could be. I do not know why? Maybe they are questioning something in me. Or probably they could not accept me as a person. Anyway, I consider those kind of people as my angels...angels that keep on guiding me to the right path, by making me realize that it is not a good direction they are taking.

Nevertheless, I am still happy that I am blessed with so much friends and loved ones whom I continue to be my sources of strength, my listeners and my mentors. I am a pleaser type of person. I tend to please everybody up to the point that it leaves pain in me. Now I understand why there are lots of people around who cares for me... for they will be the ones that I can hold on to during the times that I am drowning and losing my energy to survive...

Thanks to all my trusted friends... thanks for returning the favor of trusting me... It would always be better to trust than stab at the back...

-maron-
26november2008
23:01 hrs

No comments: