Monday, November 17, 2008

Reflection on my 31st









Birthdays must be considered special but this year is something different! The kids enjoyed more than me. Probably because I was not able to swim because of my monthly period, the pain on my sprain and I am afraid the sprain will worsen if I swim in the pool. But of course, I enjoyed singing in the karaoke...something that I really enjoy doing! :D Anyway, let's forget about the celebration and focus on this year's reflection.


What happened a year ago? A year ago, I was in Kuhala resort in Rizal, celebrating my birthday working and having a team-building with my colleagues! However, it was indeed a memorable one because, as far as I can recall, it was my only birthday when I cried. Even during my 18th birthday, I cried during the celebration but it was not celebrated on exactly November 16th.


On my 30th year, lots of things had happened.

It was the year when there was a big career change for me. After all the hardships, I was finally upgraded and I was transferred to a totally new category....new team, new products, new process, new plant, new production trial schedules! I needed a big adjustment but thank God I am surviving! And I hope to survive further...

It was also the year when I got to discover new friends---friends that will hopefully be there for me through thick and thin, friends that I do hope will last a lifetime, friends that I shared happy memories with. Better yet to say, discover new friends but keep the old ones! And I am trying to discover more for not all can be kept forever!

This was also the year when I had a palmistry reading and guess what?! Some predictions are really happening, or had happened already after I knew the prediction. Hopefully, those negative predictions could be controlled.

Furthermore, it was this year that I had my farthest travel so far. Travelling for 24 hrs, by air or around 34 hours, including the transit, I came to visit the farthest country I've been so far... Brazil in Latin America. Though the journey was so tiring, I enjoyed the place, I got to experience the culture, and I enjoyed networking with foreign friends! But of course, the learning from the workshop must never be ignored!

It was also at this age when I got a chance to have a communication with my long lost (boy) friend. After more than 10 years, he found me in Friendster but it was good to know that I have learned to forgive and forget... because time heal all wounds. Besides, I have learned to move on, especially now that I have settled with my own family.

Speaking of 'family', it was also this year when we discovered that Kaira also need to wear eyeglasses! Right now, all 4 of us in the family wears eyeglasses, with my husband having it only while doing computer works. And besides, I got to 'fake' mine with my contact lenses! hehe!

Two weeks before my 31st birthday was also a memorable one. My mom almost lost her finger and I almost broke my ankle, two things that happened in 2 separate situations! The bad news is, I am still suffering from it right now. I still have not fully recovered by stance.

These were all I can remember, so far---the highlights of my 30th year on earth.

Going back to the celebration, I think it's part of maturing that you think more about others rather than celebrating and having fun for yourself. Priorities were set at a different level. Things were planned not according to what you want but according to what your loved ones need.

I believe I had considerably great accomplishments this year. I have gone through many trials that made me a more experienced, more matured and better person... making me stronger and ready for bigger challenges in life!

-maron-
17november2008
22:51 hrs

No comments: