Monday, November 10, 2008

I Have Dreamt About Her---A Tribute

It was Saturday night when I dreamed about her. Who is she? She is Sherlyn Cadapan, my highschool close friend who was known to be abducted by the military in June 26, 2006 in Hagonoy, Bulacan. That was 2 years ago. I, myself, was surprised with that news.






Sherlyn was my schoolmate during the elementary days in Maquiling School, Inc. but we used to know each other by name for there were over 200 students in 1 batch. During highschool, she was one of my close friends in third year at UP Rural Highschool. We were always seatmates for her surname was 'Cadapan' while mine was 'Casiño'. We were were always partners in almost all activities. Many times she opened up to me about her family problems. I gave all my support to her on her career as an athlete. She was always a Palarong Pambansa delegate for track and field.





It was in college when we separated ways. She studied in UP Diliman, while I studied in UP Los Baños. We seldom see each other then. At times, we gather during friend's gimicks. I also seldom see her during November 1 whenever we visit our departed loved ones at the Los Baños Cemetery. It was after graduation when our communication was stopped. The last time I heard about her was when she was working in UP Diliman as a PE teacher but at the same time trying to have some scholarship for further studies. Thus, the June 26, 2006 news really astounded me!


Just around 2 weekends ago, we went home to LB for a weekend visit to my mom's home. My whole family was there and my kids, mom and I were watching television (MMK) in my mom's room. Suddenly, my niece came rushing and knocking to my mom's room door. "Tita Ga! Tita Ga! Your friend Sherlyn is dead! C'mon watch it in the news!"


I was so surprised that I hurriedly grabbed the remote control and changed the channel to GMA. It was almost too late to hear the whole news in Jessica Soho's program. I only saw Tita Linda (Sherlyn's mom) holding a candle and seems to be praying over a certain area in a forest. My sister, my niece's mother, came over and told me that Sherlyn was dead. She was able to watch the whole segment and told me that the found remains were not yet confirmed to be Sherlyn's but it was assumed that it was hers.


I really felt sad about the news. More questions came into my mind. What happened to her? Is the news true? How was the baby? (Because there were news before that she was pregnant when she was abducted). Why was she not given a chance to see her family? STill, I pitied on her and juts hope and pray she'll be given justice!


Meanwhile, it was last Saturday night when I dreamed about her. I woke up Sunday morning recalling that I saw Sherlyn in my dream!


It was actually a multi-scened dream. At first I was with my office colleagues, having some kind of team-building activity. In one of the activities, I needed to walk around and find some of my groupmates. That was when I met Sherlyn. She had a short hair and whe was wearing a black t-shirt with a colorful print on the front side. She smiled at me so I smiled back. I tried to touch and hug her and ask her what happened. I told her that there was a big news that she was dead and I kept on asking her if it's true. I cannot clearly recall if she answered by question but as far as I can recall, she was in a hurry and left me after a very short conversation. We went opposite ways!



I do not know what that dream means! Is she still alive? or is she trying to say something?


I do hope that wherever she is right now, she will be free from pain and has already forgiven selfish people who made her life that way.


Some websites about Sherlyn:



-maron-


11october2008


13:06 hrs












No comments: