Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Umbilical Cord

She can feel how I feel. This is what I realized when Kaira told me she will buy me a ring when she grows and have an income of her own.

This happened while my family spent a Saturday strolling at SM South Mall. Kaira knew then that I lost my ring. If for my husband’s opinion, the lost ring was of no big deal for me, I am happy to know that Kaira, my 7-year old, knows how I felt that night when I lost my ring.


As we were walking down the alley of the mall, my husband suddenly took a glance at the window of a jewelry store, looking at a ring quite similar to the one I lost. I took a glance as well. We stopped and discussed there for a few seconds until Kaira told me, “Mommy, ibibili kita ng ring pag may work na ako.” I was so touched by my kid’s act. I replied, “Talaga?” And then she answered, “Opo. Kasi nawala yung ring mo di ba? Para happy ka na.” And so I smiled and hugged her and told her to study well so she could buy me the ring.


There is really a big mystery beyond the mother-daughter relationship---much stronger than a husband-wife one. I can really feel that my kids, Kaira and Keziah, can feel how I feel. Sometimes, I am so surprised that they can read between the lines and even speak out words that are related to my personal struggles, which I do not and need not share to them. Probably it is the umbilical cord that connected us while they were in my womb for 9 months. God is
really powerful! He had all the ways and explanations to all our questions, even without asking it at all!

-maron-

01october2008

19:31pm

No comments: