Sunday, February 16, 2014

Disclosure

It was February 10, 2014. I left the office during my normal schedule. It was not too early nor too late. Everything was relaxed. I did not hurry going to the train station. The weather was quite good. It was cloudy but at least it was not raining.

When I arrived at my flat which is located on the 31st floor of a high-rise building, I was inspired by the clear sky that I don't normally see whenever I arrive at home. Spring is really approaching. The day light starts to become longer as the sky is still clear at around 5:30PM. I looked at the bright sky from my glass window and glanced at the port where the sun usually sets. It was a very nice day!

I went to the bathroom to unfix myself and prepare dinner. I looked at the mirror, rolled my long hair up and was about to reach onto my clam to clip my hair up. When I looked at myself, I look differently today! There is something in me that looks so glowing and blooming.

It is very seldom that I appreciate myself and I have to capture this moment! I dropped my hair down, put back my clam clip, fixed my hair, went out of the bathroom and grabbed my mobile phone. I again saw the clear sky through my glass window and thought that this should be a perfect background! And yes, I did an selfie photo! Five attempts and this one was the best!



This is not a photo of a beauty queen,a fashion model nor a celebrity. I cannot conceal the age. Wrinkles start to build. Blemishes starts to multiply due to the hormonal imbalance aggravated by the time zone change. The cheeks start to volumize and the face becomes more round. The hair starts to dry up due to the daily hot water shower. The skin starts to sag and provoke dryness due to the cold weather. Despite all the physical changes, I see the beauty in me---the beauty that lies from within.

Life is not easy, especially living alone in a very strange country. Work here is not easy as well. Lots of pressure come, not only time pressure but management pressure as well. However, a positive outlook in life is the key. Everything must be taken in a confident manner. Never seriously take something that will let you down. However, take them as a challenge which will help bring you to a higher level, i.e. having more experience and learning more. Take time to relax, breath in, breath out. Think of happy moments. Learn to appreciate people. Accept compliments openly but give compliments to others as well. Learn to love and to be loved. Make people happy. Let go of negative vibes. Whenever you feel upset, think of things to help you understand that those negative things happen for a good reason. All your sacrifices will be paid off soon. Sacrifice now, enjoy later! Always be optimistic. Lastly, SMILE! Smile is the only curve that sets everything straight (according to Phyllis Diller). Smile is the best therapy and the best catalyst of beauty!


---maronski---
02162014 
20:59-21:48 hrs

No comments: