Saturday, February 7, 2009

Sisters and Ages

Kaira and I went to Baclaran Church this morning to say some prayers. At the same time, we took the opportunity to drop by the tiangge around the area.

As I was inspectioning a pair of shorts for Kaira and Keziah, the old saleslady lady asked me for whom the shorts would be. She was about to assist me on what size I would buy, and she pointed at Kaira saying, "Para sa kanya?" ("for her?")

I told her, "opo" ("yes", with respect) then she tried to bring out more sizes and designs for her. As I was looking at the other items she showed, she asked me, "Kapatid mo sya?" ("Is she your sister?"). I was so surprised when she asked that and so I reconfirmed asking, "Siya po?" while pointing at Kaira. Then the old lady said "yes". I smiled at the old lady and told her, "Naku, hindi po. Anak ko po yan." ("No, she is my daughter"). She seemed to be amazed and asked how old I was. I told her, "31 po." And she commented a lot of compliments telling me that I don't look like my age, that my daughter and I looks like sisters only, etc. Well, many people tell me the same thing as the old lady said.

On the other hand, it was last Thursday when I had a Dressings workshop in Fraser Place, Makati. I was the only member from our R&D Dressings team who attended the workshop. However, our marketing colleagues, research colleagues and advertizing agencies were there for the ideas generation.

We had an ice breaker game asking us to arrange ourselves according to the number of years of service with our companies. Well, I was amazed to know that, from all the team members of our team (the whole team was divided into 2), I was the one with the longest years of service! Of course, I was not the oldest there, in terms of age. But still, I had the longest length of service! I suddenly remembered around 10 years ago when I was the youngest member of the R&D team. Right now, I am somewhat in the middle in terms of age range but this game during the workshop made me realize that I am really getting older! Time really goes by so fast. And with so many activities being done in the office, I didn't realize that I have worked with my current company for more than 10 years!

Well, for me, it does not matter because everybody ages. As we age, we learn more things. We become more mature and we are more ready for greater challenges in life. But the good thing is... my age doesn't show! ;)

07february2009
19:17 hrs

No comments: